Mauritius is still on a roll as a high-class tourist destination and this is being confirmed by the island’s healthy tourism sector and by the numerous awards received on the international scene. Once again, the island has been highly rewarded high quality of its services in the tourism and travel sectors.
On the 8th of July 2017, a gala evening was held at the Sun Aqua Vilu Reef in the Maldives on the occasion of the 24th edition of the prestigious World Trade Awards, rewarding the best actors of the Indian Ocean. The pool of Mauritian hotels and tourism partners is well ranked, at the same level as other countries of the region: Madagascar, Seychelles, Maldives and Reunion Island.
While the Maldives have been awarded best tourist destination of the Indian Ocean, with a dominating position in that segment Mauritius and its tourism actors have showed a high and brilliant profile in the regional category, following online votes from tourism executives’ and professionals’. Thus, 7 awards have positioned Mauritius as an Indian Ocean leader. One of the key titles collected is unquestionably the consecration of Mauritius as the best honeymoon destination in the Indian Ocean for 2017.
Air Mauritius has been awarded a double prize: the best ‘economic class’ travel company and the best airport lounge, The Amédée Maingard Lounge, named after the founder of the aviation company in the 1960s.
Prince Maurice Hotel from Constance group, located on the east coast of Mauritius, which is totally dedicated to the “delight all the customers through its inspiring flavours”, has become the Indian Ocean’s Leading Culinary Hotel 2017. The title of the Indian Ocean’s Leading Hotel Residences 2017 has gone to The Heritage The Villas which, at the heart of the Bel Ombre estate, is at the service “families, groups of friends and golf players”. The newly-renovated Paradise Cove was prized Leading Boutique Hotel of the region while Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts was granted the Indian Ocean Leading Hotel Brand award.
While waiting for the ultimate end-of-year world prizes, several rewards have crowned the Mauritian know-how in the local category:
- The Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel : Mauritius’ Leading Boutique Hotel 2017
- The Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa : Mauritius’ Leading Conference Hotel 2017 & Mauritius’ Leading Resort 2017
- The Constance Belle Mare : Mauritius’ Leading Family Resort 2017
- The Constance Belle Mare : Mauritius’ Leading Green Resort 2017
- The Oberoi Mauritius : Mauritius’ Leading Hotel 2017
- The Royal Suite du Royal Palm Beachcomber Luxury : Mauritius’ Leading Hotel Suite 2017
- The Heritage The Villas : Mauritius’ Leading Hotel Residences 2017
- The presidential Suite Pool Villa du Maradiva Villas Resort & Spa : Mauritius’ Leading Luxury Hotel Villa 2017
- The Prince Maurice : Mauritius’ Leading Luxury Resort 201
- Avis : Mauritius’ Leading Car Rental Company 2017
- Mautourco : Mauritius’ Leading Destination Management Company 2017
- BlueSky : Mauritius’ Leading Travel Agency 2017