The year 2021 is all about innovation and novelty for this 5-star hotel establishment. Nestled in a paradisiacal setting on the north-west coast of the island, along the first protected marine park of Turtle Bay, the flagship of the Maritim Hotels group — the Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius — reopened in December 2020, after 11 months of phased transformation!
The beginning of 2020 checked off the first phase of this metamorphosis with the development of the areas Ruins of Balaclava, in parallel with the renovation of the hotel. This new area of leisure, located on the same spot as the hotel, now offers an impressive range of infrastructures, along with exceptional experiences, including the brasserie-style restaurant Anno 1743.
The transformation went on with the launch of the different parts of the resort, celebrated in style with convivial festivities. For instance, on the 19th of December, the beach and its restaurant “La Marée” were inaugurated with a Flower Power Party. On the 30th and the 31st of December, a Pool Foam Party closed the year 2020, while unveiling the hotel’s main restaurant as well.
It is in March of this year that the opening of the final part will take place: brand new rooms, on the edge of the Citron river, equipped with an infinity pool, a dedicated bar and 60 additional suites of at least 63 m², with a large terrace… It’s all about luxury!
Overview of the initiatives
Entirely revisited, the resort now offers an exceptional range of 7 restaurants and 5 bars to its customers… including the famous gourmet restaurant Château Mon Désir, a colonial-style residence recognised as one of the best restaurants in Mauritius.
You will now be able to enjoy:
• a new air-conditioned buffet area at the main Belle Vue restaurant and new terraces
• an extension of the beach restaurant La Marée with one additional kiosk
• the complete overhaul of the Mauritian table d’hôtes Lakaz Kreol
• an enlarged roof and increased seating capacity at Filaos Beach BBQ
• indoor air conditioning at Banyan Asian Fusion, surrounded by a new terrace
• new decoration and updated furniture
• a dedicated entrance at the teppanyaki table
• the new Anno 1743 brasserie-style restaurant inside the Ruins of Balaclava and its two bars: The Distillery Rum Bar and Nest Rooftop Bar
• a new bar, named River View, on the edge of the pool of the new set of rooms (opening in March 2021)
All these, along with the further refurbishment of 212 existing rooms, exclusive rooms for disabled guests, the addition of elevators, or the renovation of the main swimming pool… without mentioning the new mini-club, playgrounds and a new animal farm for children!
Book your exceptional stay quickly and rediscover the Maritim Resort & Spa!