The new Jaguar E-PACE stands as most connected Jaguar in its class thanks to the wide array of in-car technologies providing to the driver and his passengers, a wealth of information and entertainment. The vehicle is equipped with InControl technology, Jaguar’s suite of standard and optional features that connects the driver to his vehicle, linking him seamlessly and securely with the outside world.The InControl Touch Pro Suite includes a standard 10’’ Touchscreen at the heart of the central console supporting swipe and pinch gestures, delivering the richest ever audio-visual entertainment. The optional 12.3’’ high-definition Interactive Driver Display receive and project a vast number of driving information, entertainment and active safety data including navigation, phone and media. Head-up Display is an option that presents key vehicle data such as vehicle speed, gear position and navigation directions on the windscreen.
Pinpoint Touch Control
Pinpoint Touch Control allows the driver to interact with information swiftly via the touchcreen technology in the same manner as a smartphone or tablet computer.
With over 60 shortcuts and widgets, the system may be customized according to the features which are the most used.
Interactive Side Panel
A wide choice of side panels implies multitasking. For instance, the main screen area can be used for navigation while the side panel provides phone controls.
Enjoy a range of multimedia features on the Touchscreen.
Enhanced Phone Interface
Making it easier and safer, you can call a favourite contact with a single touch. Additional functionality includes direct access to voicemail, conference calling and homescreen integration.
Voice Recognition System
This intelligent system allows the driver to complete tasks without taking his eyes off the road.
- Compatible with most smartphones, Android Wear™ or the Apple Watch®, this service includes:
- Remote Lock/Unlock – Lock or unlock your doors remotely with the click of a button.
- Remote Climate – Prepare your E-PACE in advance by pre-heating or pre-cooling the cabin.
- Beep/Flash – This feature turns on your Jaguar’s hazard lights, dipped headlights and sounds an audible alert to help you locate your vehicle in a crowded car park.
- Journey Tracking – This opt-in feature can automatically record your journey history including your route and mileage statistics.
Standard on S, SE and HSE, Navigation Pro allows you to save your favourite places, use pinch and zoom gestures for simple map exploration and display a choice of either 2D or 3D crystal clear map graphics.
Pack Connect Pro
Designed to enhance your in-car and out-of-car experience, Connect Pro consists of a 4G Wi-Fi Hotspot and Pro Services.
The 4G Wi-Fi Hotspot provides in-car access to the Internet, enabling up to eight wireless devices to be used simultaneously in the car.
- Real Time Traffic Information – Uses live traffic data feeds to give you the most accurate picture of what the traffic is like on the way to your destination.
- Online Search – Wherever you are, you can search the surrounding area for places of interest. The system can access expert destination information, travel tips and inspiration as well as online travel reviews of the local area.
- Planning Routes and Door-to-Door Routing – Before setting off, use the Route Planner app or online to search, save locations or set your destination.
- Share ETA – allows the driver to can share his estimated time of arrival so that his selected contact(s) will know exactly when he will arrive, as calculated by the navigation guidance system.
- Satellite View – When you want to get the context of your surroundings from overhead, simply switch to satellite view.
- Commute Mode – Allows the system to learn your commutes and automatically advises you of the expected journey time based on live and historical traffic movements without you having to input a destination.
- Parking Service – As you approach your destination, you can see where parking is available.
- Online Routing – While you’re on your way to a destination the system monitors live traffic conditions and takes into account typical traffic patterns for that time of day, keeping you on the optimum route.
- Safety Cameras – Alerts you to the location of accident black spots monitored by safety cameras.
Uses tracking technology to alert you to an attempted theft, and signals your vehicle’s location to the relevant authorities, for a timely recovery.
To provide additional safety for the driver and passengers, the new E-PACE offers a wealth of innovative technologies available either as stand optional or as part of an optional pack.
- Emergency Braking: detects when a potential frontal collision with another vehicle may occur and displays a forward alert to warn the driver to brake. High-speed Emergency Braking is ready and active from 10km/h to 160km/h.
- Lane Keep Assist detects when your vehicle is unintentionally drifting out of your lane, and gently steers you back.
- Driver Condition Monitor detects if you’re starting to feel drowsy and gives you an early warning when you need to take a break.
- Cruise Control and Speed Limiter
- Front and Rear Parking Aids
- Rear Camera
- Blind Spot Assist alerts the driver to vehicles in, or quickly approaching, his blind spot. When a vehicle is detected, a small warning light illuminates in the corresponding wing mirror. If he indicates in the direction of the obstacle, the warning light will flash to highlight potential danger. If he continues to commence changing lanes, this system will also provide precisely calculated steering torque – guiding the car safely away from the approaching vehicle.
Designed for optimum safety, E-PACE has been engineered to include a wide range of features not only to protect the driver and his passengers, but to actively help prevent accidents from happening.
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) monitors E-PACE’s dynamic behaviour, intervening to maximise vehicle stability.
- Electronic Traction Control (ETC) optimises traction and stability by controlling wheel spin.
- Engine Drag Torque Control (EDC) mitigates the chance of wheel lock-up caused by strong engine braking in slippery conditions.
- Hill Start Assist (HSA) ensures you do not roll backwards as you pull away on an incline.
- Cornering Brake Control (CBC) automatically varies the braking force to each wheel when the vehicle’s brakes are applied around a corner and the limit of grip is reached.
- Roll Stability Control (RSC) is integrated with DSC to reduce the possibility of rollover, while providing agility and ability to steer around obstacles.
- Emergency Brake Assist (EBA) understands when you apply the brakes quickly but without the necessary force to maximise stopping performance.
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) allows the vehicle to maintain traction with the road surface whilst braking and prevents wheels from locking – thereby retaining the vehicle’s ability to steer.
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) automatically varies the braking force to each axle in order to minimise stopping distance, while still maintaining stability and the vehicle’s ability to steer.
- Emergency Braking can help to prevent collisions with other vehicles or pedestrians. If a potential frontal collision is detected, a warning is displayed giving you time to take action.
- Emergency Brake Lights (EBL) are activated through the hazard warning lights to alert vehicles behind you in the event of sudden braking.
As spacious as an E-PACE
Whatever your needs, the new E-PACE is designed to carry you and your cargo effortlessly and in style. If your hands are full, optional powered gesture tailgate allows you to open the boot hands-free. Simply present your foot under one of E-PACE’s rear flanks and the tailgate opens or closes. Longer items can easily be accommodated by a maximum loadspace width while of up to 1.3 metres. With a boot capacity of up to 577 litres, you can easily fit two medium sized suitcases and three ‘cabin carry on’ sized suitcases. For bulky items, like flat pack furniture, fold down the second-row seats completely to create 1,234 litres of space.
Sources : jaguar.com